Wednesday, January 12, 2011

And 2011 begins

I just signed up for the first race of 2011: a 10k race in Davis, California.

There's always this little surge of excitement when I register for a race. I felt it this morning as I sipped my tea, watching as the screen announced my presence on the race roster.

I'm feeling a particular excitement, however, because I know I am going to run this 10k faster than 40 minutes. I know because it's about time I did. I broke 40 minutes for the 10k mark in a half marathon AND in a marathon in the races I ran this past year; it's time I did it on its own as a way to begin the 2011 "season."

I'd like to place in the top 5 women as well; but you never know who's going to show up. That's the beauty of the sport. I'm just so thrilled that I will be there, on the starting line again of this running life.

No comments: