Friday, July 22, 2011

A Retraction

Well, I stuck my sweaty-smellly foot in my mouth. What I meant to say in that last post was actually more along the lines of: "I always feel like I fail. Why is that? Maybe it's time to try a new approach to training" instead of what it must have come across as: finger pointing.

I really just miss the pride that comes from running well. Or cycling well. Or swimming well (which is, believe me, very rare.) I'm not really happy about anything anymore. I'm mostly just lonely, trying to train, trying to write something that will be worth reading someday. I don't know-- maybe I should just give up on everything I've set out to do....

So that's what I meant to say in my last post. I stick to a much, much earlier post I wrote about this team being great. One of the last days I was actually happy with myself was a day I ran with them, around a track at night and felt like I was flying.

No comments: