Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 4 training log and notes.


Monday, 1/11: 14.2 miles. Time; 1:48 on the streets of Reno, NV. I felt somewhat fatigued (more so than usual)-- perhaps it's because most of my miles, sadly, are done indoors on a treadmill. I was passed by a male runner at mile 9.. it made me feel so slow and out of shape. I need to train harder.

Tuesday, 1/12: 8 miles at the gym in Tahoe City. I don't know exactly how long it took me because I knocked the emergency stop thingy off the treadmill after I'd run a little over a mile (it was sub-eight minute pace... I do know that much.) Felt fatigued again! Then I did Bikram yoga in the afternoon and felt GREAT.

Wednesday, 1/13: 7.5 miles on the "hills" setting on the treadmill. Stationary bike: 30 minutes. Bikram yoga in the afternoon.

Thursday, 1/14: 10.56 miles in Reno, NV (outside.) I was worried about being "slow" and so pushed myself-- came in at 1:18. I wrote in my training log: "DAMN! Even when I was feeling like crap I pulled off a 7:23 pace!

Friday, 1/15: 5.5 miles at a very easy 8-minute per mile pace on the treadmill. Felt OK-- or rather, like I'm building reserve strength for tomorrow's tempo run.

Saturday, 1/16: 6.5 mile tempo run with 2.3 miles of warm up/cool down. This was my first tempo run outside and I did HORRIBLE. Total time: 45:57 not including the time it took me to vomit. I freaked out about the stomach issues, then about not running fast enough and then about what everyone who saw me must be thinking. Definitely not one of my finer moments. I think I will start wearing racing flats for these tempo runs and also begin to consistently do them outside. And I have a new rule: no more mid-tempo puking.

Sunday, 1/17: 6.3 miles on the treadmill before work. Again, stomach issues. I wonder if I'm getting sick.

Weekly total: 60.86 miles.

No comments: