Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 7 training and notes

View of the lake from the gym (beyond the parking lot). This is what I get to look at when I run on the treadmill. Not bad, right?



Focus: to set myself up for a great 10k tempo. Sadly, however, I overtrained earlier in the week and screwed myself early in the race by going out too fast. :/ I haven't felt this sort of disappointment in a long time. I have to be positive, however: I've decided, with these two days of retrospection, that I have to use Davis as a learning experience, just like I have to use injuries, fatigue and whatever else goes wrong for a runner as opportunities to learn, so that I don't repeat what mistakes I've made before.

Monday, 2/1: 10 miles in the AM-- 1:17 roughly. 1.25 miles in the PM. Also, weights (focus on chest, back, arms. 3 sets of 12 reps.)

Tuesday, 2/2: Long run, 16.8 miles in 2:11. Felt fatigued... and my pectoral muscles HURT. I can't describe how sucky it was to have that sensation for 2 hours of running. Ugh.

Wednesday, 2/3: 8 miles total. 5.95 mile easy followed by hills: 6 x 20' efforts up a hill followed by 2 x 35' on flats.

Thursday, 2/4: Rest day. I woke up and felt like a truck hit me, ran me over, then backed up and did it again and again. I also felt mentally fatigued, bordering on depression.

Friday, 2/5: 7.6 miles on the treadmill in TC. 60' in duration and 1% grade.Felt "blah" at first but progressively better as the run continued. Did chest/back/abs for 30 minutes after-- 3 sets of 15 reps but abs until exhaustion.

Saturday, 2/6: 9 miles on the treadmill with 1% grade. Time: 1:11. Felt better than yesterday-- "the spring" has returned to my legs, it seems. F*** ing Nermal peed on my stuff, though.

Sunday, 2/7: 1.2 warm up, followed by 6.2 (10k) race/tempo and 1 mile cool down. Time: 40:20. 21st overall, 5th woman, 2nd in division. Disappointed over my pace while under pressure. I'll have to work on that.

Weekly total: 61.05 miles


No comments: